- User Since
- Mar 7 2013, 7:48 PM (368 w, 3 d)
May 10 2016
That does seem like a better translation to me. I changed the report.
Altis live is outside of BI development range. It was made by users, and therefore only the missionmaker can modify the mission.
"AGAIN: If you do not think what this detail important thing in the game, then simply do not use voting.
Today this detail of the game is ugly and in any case the normal people should vote up or not to vote at all! But you are in a hurry votes down!"
Please correct me if im wrong, but isnt this the purpose of the feedback tracker?
The only reason for a voting system to exist is that the BI devs can see how important the issue is to the community. Im shure that if they had endless capabilities they would fix everything, but they don't and showing them what we want to change shows where to focus that limited development power.
Therefore voting down a issue you don't think should be prioritised is completely normal.
Or am I wrong?
I don't think that the problem is big enough for the work that would have to go into it.
Let me take a look at this...
- I don't think that this is a good idea. It would be unrealistic if the AI knew that there were no vehicles arround. And if they didn't and used missiles against infantry they would have no way to defend themselves against the tank that may or may not come over the hill in a few minutes. In a combat situation where you don't know what the enemy will throw at you you don't want to use to many resources. And in arma the AI can't know what will attack them.
- I agree that the AI should use grenades more often, but remember that with standart loadouts you only have ~2. I rarely use grenades myself due to the fact that I don't know if they might come in handy later, but otherwise I agree.
- I must disagree. The AI has no way to see the current situation it is in. You don't want mines blowing up your own troops who came to reinforce you. Normally you only use mines to defend a predetermined position. Everything else would be suicidal.
- Yes. It would be great if AI used mortars and deployed weaponry. An extra condition should be that the AI can't have an active movement order.
- / 6. Actually, AI does use Flashlights when in combat mode. I don't know about laser sights though.
- When under heavy fire AI should use smoke grenades. Yes, that would be great.
- No. It would be annoying if the AI always stopped if you were to close. As a team leader you can order them to stop, and otherwise you don't really need them on a regular basis.
- Yes. Bots should use houses, especially when in combat mode.
- Drone operators shouldn't be able to use all drones on the map. It would interfere with the player. If Drone operators deployed their drone the drone should be grouped with the group. It could just fly above the group and help spotting. No increase in accuracy, that would be unrealistic. Just let the drone spot enemies.
- Not really worth it. It's not a huge deal, and the bots just can crawl normally.
- They should react to detected grenades, the hard part is to determine when bots "see" grenades. It is not that easy.
- No. Unless the vehicle is a member of the group it should not be repaired for multiple reasons. It would break many existing missions, delay groups, etc. Not worth it.
- No. AI shouldn't do that. If the need to patch up you can order them to do so. It is safer to first take care ot any hostiles. Otherwise you might be in a situation were you need that AT-gunner to take down that tank right now and he thinks that is better to patch himself up first. If you want them to be healthy, tell them.
"This is for Iron Front as mod in Arma 3"
You probably shouldn't request gliders in the official feedback tracker, since you want them for a mod.
Ask the modders.
Actually, I think you can swim like a plain. I never use the swim up/down commands.
I don't know how weapons handle underwater, or how military SCUBA diving works, but being able to swim into one and fire into another direction would be an awesome feature!
Maybe all the servers are still running on an older version?
Is the issue still present now?
Try Shift+Left Mouse. They changed the controls.
I heard somwhere that the spawnlocation is randomized.
Have you searched the area?
I think you have to consider between realism and pracitcallity: You need lots of time to add a new vehicle. I don't thjink that they should replace the A-10 now, so close to its release.
May be we will see the F-35 in a later patch, together with a new CSAT jet. I would like it.
The actual reason is that BI doesn't know how to handle changing fatigues and AI.
When should the AI realise that you are an enemy? When should they engage? Should they engage at all? It could be a game breaking feature, and I can't see an easy solution.
As far as I know, all controls are rebindable. I don't use a controller, so I don't know wheter or not you can rebind the controler-controls, but it should be possible.
I don't know how tanks work, so please correct me if im wrong, but I could imagine that you need the engine to turn the turret. In that case the engine should activate.
Sometimes you want the AI to turn, so I think the best option would be to add two backward commands, just like the normal "forward" and "fast":
if you want the vehicle to just go backward a bit, with the front still facing forward you use "backward", if you want the vehicle to turn arround you use "fast backward".
I think that you shouldn't be able to just jump in be combat ready. After landing you have to get out of the parachute, maybe pack it, but im almost certain that nobody will just land and fight with the parachute on his/her back.
I think that the landing can be improved, but not in the way you suggest it.
I don't like the idea. Arma is a game with lots of diversity. If you want a ranking system you will need standarts to rate, which means that there will be less freedom for mission designers.
As far as I know, most if not all windows are destrucible. Maybe you should report that the windows are unbreakable?
I don't think this change is needed, since there is a easy workaround.
Same with binoculars. I already saw some reports about this problem, so this probably is a duplicate
While I agree that there should be more animations, I don't think that a roll is the right one. What about backpacks? How stupid would it look if you run arround with a Darter on your back and just roll?
I don't understand you problem.
a. You bought the the Deluxe edition.
b. You live in spain
c. you have a problem and need help
What exactly is you problem?
The compass in the map can be resized by doubleclicking on it
Still not fixed.
While freefalling every tiny movement can have a huge impact. I don't think that you can throw a grenade without moving.
(Almost) every mission is made by the community.
Duplicate of 0010398
If we can't get fully modelled interiors, atleast change the optics. This is the future, I don't think that tank drivers will have new technology to drive the tank (cameras placed outside?)
You can change the Fog of war in the options.