- User Since
- Mar 15 2013, 3:40 AM (357 w, 1 d)
May 10 2016
Actually, this also happens in Arma2. So I hope if it can be fixed in both games when they find the problem.
I have experienced it while playing TAW Domination multiplayer on Arma2.
No need to be priority, I want to see the existing arma3 content improved as a priority. I have played Arma2's content to death.
Would it be nice? Yes, when Arma3's content is finished.
Voted. this is one of the biggest concerns for me with Arma3 at the moment.
I highlighted this vid over on the Bis forums yesterday, so you Probably got a vote down by some bis forum troll who doesn't like me/you/or is having a bad day..I dunno. I up voted both here and your vid.. Good work btw, I hope we can get it fixed!
Same here, this is causing problems in the campaign. Please fix Asap.
I am using "Creative XFI Xtreme Music" on Win7 64 and the audio control panel is set to headphones mode and I am using headphones.
Having the same bug where my G27 force-feedback violently rattles the Wheel while firing the gun. Changing view from first person to third an back (while also firing) seems to stop it.
It just seems to happen at random
I found it quite refreshing to be able to move up hills quicker than in A2, not being forced into a frustrating walking pace on a hill that looked easy to sprint/jog up.
A bit of a tweak in this area to help realism for very steep slopes would be good, but I don't want to see the restrictiveness/clunkyness of the previous games return.
I feel they (the A3 team) are on a good path with the changes to rid the game of it's "awkwardness" and we are in danger of recreating Arma2 if we try to put everything back to how it was.
I'd rather have weapon sway than Visual fatigue indicators eg: darkening screen edges and Blurring vision.
The ACE team has addressed this perfectly in their mod with their great Fire Control System for vehicles/tanks etc. It works so well it could literally be transplanted into Arma3 with little change needed.
Here is a video of how it works:
Advantages of the ACE FCS over the Current FCS:
Disadvantages of current system:
- It relies on TAB lock /"Right Mouse Button" locking system.
- It is not very realistic
- It is affected by even minor network lag or de-sync causing many misses.
- Target leading is very buggy.
- You have to use a separate system to hit ground/area targets (manual zeroing)
Advantages of the ACE system:
- One less thing that relies on TAB lock so helps on the road to removing/replacing it.
- It is very realistic and intuitive to use, yet it is not complex.
- It can't be affected by Network De-sync.
- It is not at all buggy and there are not even small glitches. All it's features work as expected 100% of the time.
- Target leading/deflection is built in and works very well and again, intuitively.
- Because lasing is simulated you can lase and hit anything, all using the same system; Buildings, open ground, static vehicles, moving vehicles, helicopters etc.
- Lasing is manual and is not always on. This could allow BIS to add more features to this FCS if they wished such as Laser over heat/detection by enemy based on Lasing etc.
I noticed this lack of shadows when playing the Tank Show Case mission. It's the first thing I noticed, it looks very odd.
It would be great if we could get some kind of shading or darkening when over cast.
May 9 2016
This problem still exists. When online playing Domination, a chopper crashes and burns for a bit, the fire affect disappears and you try to go over to revive the dead crew but you still get burned by invisible flame.
Experienced this bug today in Multi player. Arrow keys for movement, Watch, Compass, all activate when you type in the chat box.
I noticed this recently in a night mission with no NVG. When it gets dark and you try to use the Flash light it feels like the batteries are about to run out.
Artificial lights at certain times are too dim.