- People love to use A2/OA content, BI and community made, in the A3 engine.
- Adds a lot more content to A3.
- Makes porting A2/OA content to A3 a lot easier.
- A2/OA content should generally work out-of-the-box at a basic level as the author may no longer be in the community, unreasonable to see huge effort to happen to adjust stuff to new A3 tech, it is good design not to break backwards compatibility.
- Makes AiA really usable and enjoyable.
- Some people don't like the A3 futuristic setting or theme of Stratis/Altis.
- Marek and Joris gave their support in the past. See also:
Note: Content means missions, campaigns, addons and MODs.
- This it NOT about bringing A2/OA BI content to A3 standards!!!
- This is SOLELY about A3 engine fixes!!!
- These engine fixes would have NO negative impact on A3 itself or A3 content!
- Breaking compatibility is NOT required:
- A3 already has new simulation classes for PhysX units.
- In configs either new parameters can be introduced or additional values to arrays added.
- In scripting either new commands introduced or additional parameters added.
- It does NOT hamper progress - for many cases it is simply impossible to upgrade old content (no permission, no author, too much effort).
- This is NOT about better ways to integrate or upgrade A2/OA content.
- The work for BI would be limited to the few remaining issues list below: