Let's see how this can function:
- Weapon Cycle (let's say the traditional F key)
- switches between Weapons (From Carbine, to GL and back)
- Should the Pistol be also included in this Selection Cycle? So -> Carbine -> GL - Pistol -> Carbine and so on?
- Safety Cycle (maybe tapping F twice)
- Switches between Firing Modes and Safety
- Carbine with Semi, Burst and Full is cycled as Semi -> Burst -> Full - SAFE
- Should the Selection reverse then? Because you would rotate the Selector Switch in the other Direction SAFE (from first cycle) -> Full -> Burst -> Semi -> Burst (and so on)
- Tapping the Key is already bound but there should also a Shortcut for setting SAFE for obvious reasons Pressing the Shortcut again would return to the last chosen Safety Mode
Maybe Safety and Firing Mode should always be treated separately because there are some weapons that do not have a switchable safety but two or more Firing Modes. Like the Glock 18 (No Switchable Safety but two Firing Modes)
This would mean there would be an additional Button for Safety (like the "Switch to Handgun" Command)
- Safety Cycle (on Grenade Launchers)
- Using the Safety Cycle on a GL Weapon should cycle through available Grenades HE -> Smoke -> HE
- Should Cycling through instantly start the Switching Animations?
- Maybe a Good Idea would be that you have to "acknowledge" all Weapon Switches with pressing the Firing Button. Maybe also accommodate the "Lower Weapon" Animation. So if you switch Weapons you always end up with an "Lowered Weapon".