So, as apparent and seen in high PVP oriented situations especially like in the Survivor GameZ (which is ruining the CQC Combat)
- Way too much acceleration too quickly
- Not enough inertia for making turns using strafe keys (a + d and mouse movement)
- and Speed in km/h is too much altogether
How to address?:
Here are my solutions some may be hard to implement but I hope you highly consider this.
1. For Zigzagging:
- Inertia for making bigger/sharper turns should be more penalizing (big loss in speed when you turn, slow gradual climb of acceleration once you recover from it and start to run again)
2. For high acceleration/speed (running&gunning in PVP)
- A gradual climb of acceleration once you start to sprint, and a deceleration transition to standing still. (to prevent changing directions too quickly)
- Reducing player const speed from the 23km/h?
3. For reducing player speed. If it's not possible to mocap a new animation set at all. (ideally, this would be fantastic with the acceleration + inertia changes :D)
You can use the 75% health player set animations
- Reduce player speed, and make PvP much better
- Mitigate the instant turns and zigzagging a bit.
Refer to Additional Information for more regarding this.
Also, Bunny hopping and long jumping should be very and much more penalizing on speed/acceleration recovery, and stamina and slower to raise weapon after doing so? It just kills me too see people hopping around in PvP :/
(P.S the long jump animation needs to be swapped out, it doesn't look that good at all :( )