Some scripting commands are missing to manage the player inventory, the three following items describe this lack.
- There is no "addItemTo<carrying_gear>" scripting command to add an item to a specific carrying gear (mean uniform, vest or backpack).
The only available command is "addItem", and it adds the item to the first available slot (uniform first, then vest, then backpack).
- unit addItemToUniform item
- unit addItemToVest item
- unit addItemToBackpack item
In the same way, it will be useful to have these features for the "removeItem" command :
- unit removeItemFromUniform item
- unit removeItemFromVest item
- unit removeItemFromBackpack item
- We can't add a weapon on the vest nor the uniform :
In the inventory game interface, the player can drag and drop its weapons from the primary/handgun/secondary slots to the vest/uniform/backpack.
After doing that, the commands vestItems/uniformItems/backpackItems are well listing the weapons in the array.
BUT, there is no scripting command to put a weapon in the vest or uniform (addMagazine/addItem/addWeapon don't work with weapon).
It is annoying to reliably set or restore the loadout.
We need commands like "addWeaponAsItem" which put the weapon in the first available slot (uniform, then vest, then backpack).
- unit addWeaponAsItem weapon
OR, as explained the request (1.) :
- unit addWeaponToUniform weapon
- unit addWeaponToVest weapon
and why not (even if addWeaponCargo can be used) :
- unit addWeaponToBackpack weapon
- Not related to inventory, but we also need a command named "setWeaponMode" to complete the existing "currentWeaponMode".
Same need for a command named "setZeroing" to complete the existing "currentZeroing".