Mind you they both have great points of how long it takes to break down a gate or fence is quite silly, i do however disagree that this is a feature but rather a broken mechanic, while yes its easy to break into a base it could be balanced in more ways then keeping a broken mechanic ingame,
- extended the time it takes to break down a fence
- maybe make each completion of the action dmgs the fences parts health. upon being ruined it takes the economy to delete that part
- combine both 1 and 2
- another thing you could do is remove some of the tools used in base raiding itself. like the crowbar or not
- maybe instead of removing tools that could raid maybe make those tools each take more time then another, probly the sledgehammer being the fastest.
- make destroy gates with pliers anywhere on the gate not just the metal wire post, since its easy for people to hide the metal wire posts where the action is not triggered