the script command "selectionPosition" will report "No point in selection (selection name)" in the .rpt file every time that it is run, even if the named selection exists in the chosen LOD, and the command returns its position.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
Example selection is "", found via selectionNames.
run the following code:
_sel = (player selectionNames 1) #28;
player selectionPosition [_sel,1];
It should return a position array, but this seems to have no effect on whether it reports an error.
Check the .rpt file for the current session. There will be an entry:
"[time] No point in selection proxy:\a3\characters_f\proxies\weapon.001."
I discovered this issue while working on a mod that would create visible lasers using the new drawLaser command from 2.0.8. Because the lasers are positioned each frame using, in part, selectionPosition, this command is called a lot. I had observed a ~5-8 fps loss while the lasers were drawn, but assumed it was due to the drawing. However, the drop may be related to this excessive logging.
In case it helps, I was also encountering this issue back in 2.0.8, but I didn't get around to looking into its cause until after 2.10 dropped, so this bug is older than just this last patch.