- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- create 2 Units in the Editor Name both Units(player = p1 other Unit = ai2)
- enable Respawn System (respawn=3, respawnDelay = 0, respawnDialog=0) and create a respawn Marker
- Execute selectPlayer ai2
- kill your self
- Respawn Stop Working
if you switch Back to your Old Unit the Respawn System works again
Steps to reproduce:
- Start the attached mission in MP
- Press ESC > Respawn. Wait five seconds to respawn.
- Press ESC and execute selectPlayer p2 via debug console. Player should be switched.
- Press ESC > Respawn
- No respawn time is visible but a slightly blurry screen. The respawn is broken.
If you execute selectPlayer p1 after the issue occured, you'll be switched back to the original unit as intended but you keep the blurry screen. Respawn with this unit works normal.
Log of EntityKilled, EntityRespawned, TeamSwitch, Killed and Respawn events:
14:21:40 ["EntityKilled",[p1,p1,<NULL-object>]] 14:21:40 ["Killed P1",[p1,p1,<NULL-object>]] 14:21:45 ["Respawn P1",[p1,p1]] 14:21:45 ["EntityRespawned",[p1,p1]] 14:21:55 ["EntityKilled",[p2,p2,<NULL-object>]] 14:21:55 ["Killed P2",[p2,p2,<NULL-object>]] 14:22:10 ["EntityKilled",[p1,p1,<NULL-object>]] 14:22:10 ["Killed P1",[p1,p1,<NULL-object>]] 14:22:15 ["Respawn P1",[p1,p1]] 14:22:15 ["EntityRespawned",[p1,p1]]
This shows that EntityRespawned and Respawn events for p2 are missing. TeamSwitch event does not fire at all (this is intended behaviour I guess).
playerRespawnTime starts to count down from five to zero when p1 is killed.
When p2 dies playerRespawnTime does not change and returns -1 at any time. Using setPlayerRespawnTime to change it, has no effect.
Checking allVariables on both units resulted in the following variables not existing on the p2 unit:
Copying these manually after switching the unit does not fix the problem.