When playing in a multiplayer game with other players, any vehicle spawned via Zeus that has multiple textures will not be consistent for all clients. As far as I can tell, the texture is client-side for lack of better term. This causes confusion especially in situations where the appearance of a vehicle is integral to the game ("search for the red hatchback" when every client sees the hatchback as a different color). This appears to be similiar to a bug report filed in 2013 under T64794. The issue still remains, however.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Operating System Version
- Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
Steps To Reproduce
- Launch MP game such as Zeus
- Spawn vehicle that has randomized texture (Civilian hatchbacks, M900, etc.)
- Client will very likely see a different texture than other clients
This is present in the stable branch, development branch, and the Apex sneak preview branch.
IMGUR Album with screenshots from Zeus (listen host) and two clients:
- Mentioned In
- T62007: Random colors for vehicles
- Mentioned Here
- T64794: Random Offroad Textures are not synchron in MP mode