Even though the old gun sounds left room for improvement, they sounded far superior to the new ones.
To my ears..
- most of the new sounds miss punch / explosion a the start of the sound, they have more 'whoomp' than 'bang', the MX sound is the worst offender
- the SMG's sound like unimpressive rattling and the Sting SMG is missing an echo
- the co-ax MG's full-auto sound is irregular and sounds like unimpressive rattling
- the Katiba sound sounds a bit hollow, not all like high-energy explosions taking place in the rifle
- all the sounds sound like drum-computer effects to me
I'm not a sound expert, but all the sounds don't sound explosive enough. I have the feeling that at least something at the start of all the sounds is wrong, it gives the sound a 'drum computer effect' impression. Or maybe it is because environmental effects on the sounds are missing.