This issue related to: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=22684
In the Arma3, any movement of the AI may be satisfactory only until the moment, when AI will enter in "Danger mode". After that point, AI is not able to move normally, keep the formation or do player orders. During these moments, the AI will always stop movement and only rarely move.
Today in "Danger mode" AI not able do:
- Keep the current formation relatively of squad leader(player). During player movement, the AI will always lag far behind his commander.
- Return in the formation with squad leader(player), if the formation was broken before, by the order. The AI will always not hurry or even will not move in general.
- Move to the destination point(players order). In the majority cases the AI won't move until the located is in danger mode, even if the enemy is not in sight.
- Do fast forwards movement in the formation, if commander(player) order command "Advance". AI squad will always lag behind or even will not move in general.
- Retreat to back or move to any side from squad leader. The AI will always not hurry or even will not move in general.
For example, BIS can set a maximum threshold for the separation of AI from squad leader. For example, this threshold may be 20-25 meters. If the subordinate AI, enter in "danger mode" and the distance between the commander > this threshold and player-commander order "Return to Formation", then the AI should always try return (full movement speed) back into the formation. Such a feature could significantly mitigate this problem. Probably there may be other solution.
Please find any method make it so, that the AI was moving towards to the given point or always keep current formation, without any problems, quickly and efficiently even in "Danger mode"