Please see this video of the hand desynchronization bug happening to me: https://youtu.be/d3t-w6YP91A
It appears as though the server thought my character had a splitting axe in the hand slot while the client thought the hand slot was empty.
The video starts with my character finishing chopping down a tree using a splitting axe, yielding 3 firewood and 1 long stick.
- At 0:03, I double-click on the hand slot to move the splitting axe into my inventory.
- At 0:04, I try to drag one of the firewood into my hands, but when I click and drag, the inventory screen disappears and the mouse movement is interpreted as looking up (I have enabled inverting the Y mouse axis in my settings).
- At this point, I haven't noticed that the firewood did not move to the hands slot, and move to a nearby shed.
- At 0:14, I attempt to make a fireplace by dragging a piece of paper onto the hands slot
- I now notice that the firewood is not in the hands slot, and go back to pick it up again.
- At 0:23, I hold the F key to try to take the firewood into my hands
- The action fails, as you can see the "Take to hands [HOLD]" prompt flash briefly
- At 0:26, I realize the hand slot is bugged and attempt to fix it by disconnecting and reconnecting
- At 0:42, I begin reconnecting to the server
- At 1:05, I finish reconnecting
- At 1:07, I see that the splitting axe is still in the hands slot
- At 1:08, I double-click the hand slot to move the splitting axe into my inventory
- At 1:10, I double-click the firewood to successfully move it into my inventory