I just thought it would be nice if the developers can enable players to write on paper. This would be another useful form of communication added to the game that would be realistic in leaving messages for friends or other players in the area in to form groups or for trading. The wooden crates can be used as mailboxes unless the developers also allow us to craft mail boxes. Maybe in a future update we can have this?
- Operating System
- Windows 7
It would be amazing for notes to come back! We really miss them in the vanilla game.
I heard a reasoning against them would be people leaving harrassing notes, but (just like the ingame text and voice chat) notes could bring so much more value that would outweigh the bad interactions
Survivors need another form of basic communication besides running into other survivors and using the mic button to talk, but that is if you can figure out if the other person or people are friendly which is still kind of risky especially if your geared up and they are too, and any wrong move you will find yourself in a shootout. Paper shouldn't be that hard to find since they can be obtained from ammo boxes, nails, seed packets, etc. when you unwrap them. The only thing the developers need to probably create is what you can write with like a pen or pencil that can be found through looting, and how to write with them on the paper either by drawing with the mouse on the piece of paper or by typing a message on the paper. This can be a new basic form of communication beside having the radio. I have listed some benefits of being able to write on paper for survivors that would enhance the online gaming experience below:
- Writing on paper can be used to leave messages for friends that are offline
- Writing on paper can be used to leave messages for other survivors that find the note in the area
- Writing on paper can be used to leave messages for trading to other survivors
- Writing on paper can be used to engage in diplomacy with other survivors, clans, or factions in the area
- Writing on paper can be used to recruit new survivors into clans or factions that can form communities in towns or other areas of the map
- Writing on paper can be used as a marking tool by other survivors or clans
- Writing on paper can be used by survivors, clans, or factions in order to communicate, coordinate, and distribute strategic planning for base building, defending territory, or planning raids.
- Wooden crates can be used to store paper with messages that are written or typed on them for other players to retrieve in order to prevent de-spawning of the paper containing messages on them
- Mailboxes can be a craft able object that can be placed to deliver or store paper with messages on them
- Bulletin boards can also be a craft able object in order to post messages and prevent de-spawn of the paper containing messages
If anyone can think of anything else of why we need to be able to write on paper maybe you can add to this post and we can get the developers to add it to the game for a future update. Thanks.
An additional feature for notes:
- Add server-side settings to enable/disable a profanity filter.
- Integrate notes with an existing profanity filter service.
(sure there are ways to work around it, but it's better than nothing)
Yo bring back bows n arrows, pens n paper, and add more gore/cars. Not just for pc official but console official as well.
This thing y’all continue to work on is the absolute best open world multiplayer game ever period.
Ohh and a new map.
If you're struggling with nursing essay writing, I highly recommend using essay samples as a reference. They provide valuable examples of well-written essays like this https://www.nursingpaper.com/examples/achieving-the-triple-aims-essay/, helping you understand the right structure and key points to include. Personally, I found samples to be a great source of inspiration and a useful tool for improving my own writing skills.