Created faction in ALiVE ORBAT Creator does not show with weapon magazines in inventory when AI are killed. AI faction members only have 1 visible magazine; unsure if they shoot more than one magazine before being killed by players. When testing from Eden the AI show they have all magazines available as they are supposed to from when the faction is built.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Operating System Version
- latest version of Windows 10
Load simple multiplayer mission with faction and required faction files then spawn in AI and kill to check their inventory.
ALiVE not needed to use faction; This started in 1.68RC from what I noticed in testing a mission I am building. My faction is linked for testing.
Similar to this issue linked here:
To add more detail to this, items and magazines seem to be added locally on whichever client/server executed the setUnitLoadout command - just as shown in the ticket linked above.
Original ticket repro should work fine for this as well - though the issue seems more linked to items and magazines and not the uniform/vest themselves.
- Have two players, one loaded into slot unit1, and another loaded into slot unit2
- Load into mission
- Player loaded into unit1 slot must use the "Execute Test" action from their action menu
- Player 2 will see a hint indicating whether or not unit1's loadout is properly synced across the network
- Original loadout is stored
- Loadout is reset using setUnitLoadout
- Original loadout is sent to the second client
- Original loadout var is compared to (getUnitLoadout unit2), if they are the same, inventories are properly synced
Disregard this comment. It is not relevant to the issue that is happening with setunitloadout.
Also just noticed today that vehicles created only have a driver and gunner when created but do not have the remaining members of the team in when they spawn in on the multiplayer dedicated server.
It has strange behavior. When I use this command in vanilla (from dedic on not local unit) it has chance to fail about 30% fail and 70% success. But right now I am writing script on moded server (armstalker mod) and it has 100% chance to broke replication. I've notice strange dependency - if my loadout array has uniform it will cause replication fail and sync will stop (only reconnect helps)
My steps is
- Apply setUnitLoadout command from dedic server to not local unit (uniform must be in loadout array)
- Ask that unit to drop any item (unit must ba player)
- Scan unit loadout by getUnitLoadout command from dedic
After that U can see, loadout array hasn't been changed
I can share video if needed
Well... I know setUnitLoadout is AG EG but you should avoid running (allPlayers #0) setUnitLoadout (getUnitLoadout allPlayers #0). I'm not sure it's fine from server due to sync.
Could you test something more "classic" like:
private _loadout = getUnitLoadout bob;
bob setUnitLoadOut _loadout;
(bob is the variable name of the player in editor you want to play).
Sorry not very helpful.
It's just reproduce example on the video, of course I've stuck with this while was writing code by classic methods like - _unitLoadout = getUnitLoadout _unit; _unit2 setUnitLoadout _unitLoadout and etc...
If needed I can post a function. Unfortunately it doesn't matter which way u choose to write code with this command, because only setUnitLoadout command brokes it (I've tried all possible ways to write this code to avoid bug)