- User Since
- May 14 2013, 10:27 PM (562 w, 18 h)
May 10 2016
I would say that that heavily depends on the actual mission concept.
For instance i made a mission ("Defend the base") that would heavily suffer from such restrictions.
While i agree with what you propose, i also want to point out that all that can be scripted.
What is needed is a stable core module for the basics that allow (like already it did in Arma2) such extensions. This way the mission maker has full control over the how and why of construction limits.
Sorry, i thought this was widely known.
Its the "Construction Interface" shipped with Arma2 vanilla that allows mostly (but not limited to) building of fortifications, factorys etc (in fact you can configure it to build any available object in the class tree).
It provides an ingame GUI to do so that displays available money and a menu to select items.
Voted down, would like to see the (already assigned) #3505
I don't think an autobalance is a good idea, at least not hard wired into the engine or server config.
It heavily depends on the mission played, so it should be under the control of the mission creator wether autobalance is enabled or not.
I totally agree and would love to see such a feature.
It would be an awesome addition to immersion, especially together with the new stances.
Imagine side lying behind a small wall and be able to only move the rifle without using the aiming deadzone!
May 9 2016
I think this should be a separate behavior choice.
I experience a similar problem.
My computer has a NVidia GeForce GTX 650Ti.
My Monitor has a native Resolution of 1920x1080 (16:9)
This was detected correctly (had to switch the aspect ratio from 16:10 to 16:9 manually afterwards).
What i also noticed is, that the resolution did not work in the game, i only had a real 3D resolution of about 1280x1024 if not less (i could only guess, however it was horrible low, like in the 90s).
It looked like if the engine tried to render the high-res GUI elements into the low 3D resolution.
The problem is solvable as workaround by reducing the resolution manually to about <1400x...