- User Since
- Tue, Sep 14, 8:30 PM (1 w, 4 d)
I really hope they will make it happen.
Wed, Sep 22
even in your first video you can see how awful the grass and trees look when you turn on plant smoothing
eyes hurt from such graphics - there is no such thing on nvidia and everything is perfect there
I also opened support ticket to AMD. Let's see if I get any meaningful answer.
I made similar test I posted earlier. This time I was looking at a big base in cherno and with 21.9.1 fps dipped as low as 20-25 (unplayable) whereas 20.4.2 gave me 50-60 (tolerable). When looking at the other direction fps was 80-90 on both.
Wed, Sep 15
I don't know exactly what you mean but sound a bit like foliage smoothing and I turn it off.
Tue, Sep 14
Below is two videos recorded at the same spot.
- only clean install of 20.4.2 driver was done between videos
- I've tested several versions after 20.4.2
- fps drops on both but not as badly with older driver
- GPU and power usage drops a lot more with newer driver
- GPU frequency also drops to ~1100Mhz with newer driver but I guess recording keeps it up in the video
- not server related, happens on any server
- happens around big cities when looking to certain direction, never in forests