- User Since
- Mar 26 2013, 11:01 AM (333 w, 4 d)
May 10 2016
I see, the problem is that WaveToWss tool was not updated. So use attached version for now, please - before publishing process will go through.
Hi! Several people asked me to explain current situation with wss encoder/decoder tools:
- converts mono and stereo files into wss correctly.
- to use delta compression for stereo wave (should be 8bit-int (-d8), 4bit-int (-d4) respectively to store the sample) "-stereo" parameter is required
- bit depth and frequency is preserved
- currently does not support stereo samples at all, it seems it somehow adds data from both channels into one while trying to decompress stereo wss.
So WssDec is needed to be updated, will let you know once I'll get the new version.
Unfortunately, we do not have whole sentences "target that [...]" recorded in stealth, so I fixed this (some time ago) by changing that sentence creating new stealth samples "target" for every actor and I did compose that sentence as "[name] - target - [...]".
"Roger WILCO" samples were replaced by more variants of other confirmation commands.
May 9 2016
Sound spatialization was improved.
In current release sound starts to appear in opposite channels (opposite to direction to sound source) in very short distance (few meters) so it is possible to clearly specify direction of sound source in any distance.
Attenuation curves, ranges and other parameters which affects volume (dynamic range respectively) are being reviewed.