Running Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64 bit server. After loads of apt-get install (thanks Dorbedo), I was still getting "libudev.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" and players kicked off just after joining. This error was related to steamclient.so.
First I tried to add symbolic link like this: "ln -s /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.1 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libudev.so.0", it did not work.
Then I did something dreadful, I used hexeditor to change libudev.so.0 to libudev.so.1 in steamclient.so and finally got it working.
Note, I do not recommend this to anybody but decided to share this in case someone else needs a workaround for their server.