There are several functions defined that appear to be for sending chat messages to players:
- CGame class in 3_Game\Global\Game.c has:
- proto native void Chat(string text, string colorClass);
- proto native void ChatMP(Man recipient, string text, string colorClass);
- proto native void ChatPlayer(string text);
- PlayerBase class in 4_World\Entities\ManBase\PlayerBase.c has:
- void Message( string text, string style )
- void MessageStatus( string text )
- void MessageAction( string text )
- void MessageFriendly( string text )
- void MessageImportant( string text )
None of these functions appear to successfully send chat messages from the server to a player.
I would like to be able to have my server-only mod send chat messages to players to notify them of important events. I do not want to use a client-side mod. I prefer chat messages because this allows individuals who don't want to see the messages to disable them in their DayZ game settings.
Is this a known issue? Is a fix planned?