I played Dayz without any problems until yesterday when I returned home and started running the game I noticed that the game after launch has the status "not responding" and no logos or main screen (menu) appear.
After about 20 seconds of looking at a black screen my computer completely froze! And I had to turn off the power.
I tried a couple more times to run Dayz but all to no avail.
I also tried deleting the game / deleting BattleEye / installing new drivers / Cleaning files.
I have never had such problems before, can I somehow solve it?
I solved it.
- You need someone else, for instance a friend.
- Let your friend log onto your steam account.
- Let your friend start DayZ.
- Let your friend close DayZ and log off from steam again.
- You log back into your own account and you should be able to launch it and play again!