It's not possible to lock missiles with the Nyx (AT) if there's no line of sight between about the middle of the hull (in height) and the target.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Go to Editor
- Place a Nyx (AT) on the end of a runway (e.g. the one on Malden)
- Place an enemy tank on the other end of runway
- Place H-Barrier (Land_HBarrier_5_F) right in front of Nyx
- Launch mission and attempt to target the enemy tank with missiles
- target can be engaged with missiles
- target cannot be engaged with missiles even with clear line of sight between turret and target
Dev Branch - 1.81.144446
Land_HBarrier_5_F , Land_CncBarrierMedium4_F , Land_ConcreteWall_01_m_4m_F
Issue not present with smaller walls such as:
Land_Mil_ConcreteWall_F , Land_PipeFence_01_m_4m_F, Land_CncBarrier_F
I too noticed this issue.
the target raycast appears to be between "aimpos" of the vehicle and the target.
IMO the raycast should be between the model position of the vehicle turret, and the target.
@Wulf If in red area of the riflescope there are any objects, capture of the purpose doesn't happen.
It is reproduced for any AT launchers.
Try different options when at red area there is a grass or parts of the case of the vehicle.
In the majority of situations, you should open the position before the opponent to reproduce capture of the target.
You guys really need to implement three separate memory points: one for the camera center (located at vehicle geometrical center), one for the lock-on starting point (located at turret center), and one for the lock-on target (located in engine block). Relying solely on aimpoint for these 3 tasks is too limited.