I noticed a bug which is quite mission breaking, AI tanks won't engage with their cannons when there is cover between them and their target. More specifically, if a tank is behind cover like an h-barrier wall or dug out, it will only use it's coax and commander's MG, but not its cannon. Other tanks will not shoot the tank behind cover despite there being a clear shot.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- AI Aiming / Shooting
- Place a tank down controlled by AI
- Place an H-barrier in front of it
- Place an enemy tank in front of the other tank and h-barrier
- Preview, neither tank will engage eachother
- Move the other tank around the h-barrier, the enemy tank will start to engage once the h-barrier isn't between them
This depends on where the aimpoint memory point ("zamerny") is positioned on the vehicle. This point says where the AI is "looking from", where it is "looking at" to check if it sees the target, where it will "aim at" when shooting and also where the missiles lock onto. Due to the cost of raycast, we can't really perform multiple raycasts between multiple points of vehicles so this will always be a compromise.
Currently, some tanks have these points too low, so we may at least try to improve it a bit by moving them higher (at the turret ring...but don't blame me when the AI starts hitting critical hits :P)