- Operating System
- Windows 10
- Game Crash
It only happens right now
My next suggestion would be for you to try updating to and running the profiling branch or development branch of the game. Note that the development branch can require large downloads so avoid if you have limited bandwidth.
profiling branch (special performance + profiling build - requires access code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3), alternative download of needed binary possible from Dwarden's dropbox
You should be able to edit your original task so it says Operating System Windows 10 not Operating System Windows 7.
Using the profiling branch should not. Using the development branch most certainly will.
• Do not use this branch unless you would like to participate testing or are otherwise interested in it. For regular players, we recommend staying on the default main branch.
• This daily experimental build undergoes little in-house testing before it is published. It is possible for serious issues to be present, or even for major components to be temporarily broken entirely.
• Multiplayer is not compatible with main branch. You will not be able to play on main branch servers, thus restricting you to a smaller range of testing servers.
• No Linux Dedicated Server package is available for this build.
• Mods or other custom content may not yet be compatible with this build.
• Steam client is limited to one branch being installed at a time, so switching branches involves re-downloading data (see a potential work-around below).
• Consider your bandwidth, because updates can range from several megabytes to hundreds of megabytes.
• This build is not 100% representative of a main branch build. It may contain special diagnostics that can affect performance for example.
• While main branch updates are the culmination of the collected Dev-Branch changes since the last update, not all changes on Dev-Branch necessarily appear in the next update.
Was an arma3.mdmp file also generated? If so then please archive (zip) all three crash files into a .zip file and then upload them. It is very important that the developers have all crash files that are generated.
== "T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -skipIntro -noSplash -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2047 -maxvram=8192 -world=empty -mod=
Setting -maxvram= over 2047 (~2GB) may cause issues. Try removing that parameter.
To answer the first question, No .mdmp file was created for that test. only those 2 files I uploaded in my last comment.
I do have a second test I ran after that that has all 3. They are here:
To answer the second statement, I've tried running with no parameters active also. It still comes to the same outcome.
you are out of memory - ErrorMessage: Out of memory (requested 0 KB)
So, try to go C:\Users\*username*\Documents\Arma 3.
Copy the whole folder with your profile settings and saved missions.
After you´ll do that, delete all files from folder and copy your profile settings back.
Try to run the game.
Let me know if this will help to you or not.
Thank you for your report.
Set this To solved as I fixed the problem on my own. Here is how I fixed it and what i said to the Bohemia Support E-Mail.
I was finally able to fix it by deleting all files from these locations: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3 C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\players C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\squads C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Missions C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\missions C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\missions C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\mpmissions C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steamMPMission C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\UserSaved\missions C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3\UserSaved\mpmissions C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles Also fixed the Unable to init directx by downloading and installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35