LINK TO SUGGESTION ON THE DAYZ FORUM: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209823-improvements-for-the-improvised-bow-quiver-arrow-stack-limit-range/
[[[Dear developer team,
implementing the improvised bow was a fantastic idea in my opinion. It allows you to get armed quickly and take out zombies silently. There are some things at the moment though, that I'd like seeing improved on it.
- Add a craftable quiver: e.g. leather + rope.
- Arrows should be allowed for stacks of at least "20" (compare the volume to a water bottle).
- Arrows should not be "loaded" into your bow like magazines, as that makes no sense, but much rather added to the quiver (which could hold "20") without having to reload until the quiver is empty.
- The amout of time you pull back the bowstring, should define how far the arrow flies (clicking will make the arrow drop in front of your feet; pulling the bowstring all the way back allows for furthest distance).
Additions by MrDouille:
- "Arrows length size is between 26" (66cm) and 32" (81cm) so it's much longer than a bottle. Should be 3-4 slots vertically"
- (Quiver should fill the melee slot)
- Increase bow range to at least 30m
Additionally, maybe increase the spawn rate of chickens and let them spawn in the north-eastern part of the map, as it will then allow freshspawns to get a very basic weapon. (It doesn't make sense implementing craftable arrows, when it's easier to find composite arrows than finding chickens).
As always thanks for reading and your attention!