- Multiple "Access violation - 0xc0000005" when trying to start using arma3battleye.exe or arma3.exe.
- Multiple "Error compiling shader PSSpecularAlpha" when using arma3.exe or arma3battleye.exe Required using the arma3launcher.exe to avoid loading any mods, even though no mods were enabled already. Looks like some of the Workshop mods are being enabled by default and can only be disabled using arma3launcher.
The above two errors I encountered multiple times last night for an hour or so before giving up.
- I found difficulty joining any official Bohemia Interactive multi-player servers. Either the connection was refused, or the game scenario was already finished and would the server would not restart the game scenario. I also found there were little to no status prompts when downloading the mission or providing status when connecting to multiplayer servers. Without status information, an endless hang (or endless loop) could occur, which has clearly been demonstrated by previous ARMA 3 code requiring ESC or worse, a restart. Myself, I also prefer a system initialization similar to a Linux kernel booting or UNIX/Linux sysvinit initializing the system to avert such endless loops or hangs. As such, I moved on into the editor.
- When opening a scenario using the Eden (3D) editor:
File C:\Users\roger\Documents\Arma 3\missions\Phoenix_Domination_V4G.Altis-20150605\mission.sqm, line 0: '.': '�' encountered instead of '=' (See Bug #27847)
- I then encountered a final exit error, "Exit Code: 0x000000001 UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI"
Again with problems 3-5, I spent another hour or so further encountered these errors.
My conclusion is that there are still too many errors, and would consider this an Alpha version within MS Windows terminology.