When in editor, if i preview the game, it plays fine, but if i'm killed 3 or more times, the restart menu and other options do not come back up, just a black screen with the borders and ARMA logo. However if i select them from my memory, using the keyboard, and select to come back as another "playable", i can hear the game playing, i just cant see anything. other then the logo and border. there's no way for me to exit unless i "alt-ctrl-del". This only started happening after this last release.
- Legacy ID
- Menu UI
- Go into game editor 2)setup a game 3) preview 4) get killed a 3 or more times 5)eventually the menu wont appear.
Intel Core i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz, MSI Z77A-G45, HP 2509 on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Driver version 18.104.22.16832
Unable to reproduce in 0.52.103507 Stable. Could you please provide more detailed info?
- Is it complex or simple "One BLUFOR vs. one OPFOR" mission?
- Did you use scripting?
- One or more playable positions?
- Did you use save or team switch?
- Did you change Video Options before the issue occured?
Like i do in ARMAII, I just mess around, killing both sides, constantly switching playables before i get killed. When I do get killed I'll use TEAM SWITCH. However eventually after 5 - 6 times (a little longer now) I wont get the menu back up when im killed. all I see is the ARMA Alpha logo on bottom right corner. NOTE: If i guess about where the menu is, i can select it, actually get back in the game but the whole time i cant see anything, still black but i can hear myself shooting.
- i'll go into editor create blue team with equal number of red team (opfor). Red team are unplayable, but blue team are almost all playable. I create approx 100 for each team.
- No scripting is used.
- Almost all playable on the BLUFOR.
- All i do is "team switch" until the menu stops appearing.
- I didnt change video options.
ALSO the same thing happens when i play the games I created in SCENARIOS
GOOD LUCK!!! The graphics and realism by btw is BAD-ASS! can't wait for the release!
After couple of trials I finally got the repro. The problem occurs when team switch is activated right after player dies or during receiving the deadly hit. While I'm in the dark screen, I can still open the Pause Menu via pressing Esc or the Team Switch dialogue via U. This proves that the team switch to another unit is already completed.
- Insert player and 5 playable soldiers as one group in mission editor.
- Start preview and force soldiers attacking you by killing two of them.
- Open Team Switch dialogue via U key.
- As soon as you get killed team switch to other soldier.
- The black fades in as soon as the team switch happens.
if i just let myself die and it fades to black, at first, the menu comes back, it'll let me switch teams a few times, but eventually it just stays black and the menu doesn't come back. it's random when it happens, sometimes it happen only after a few deaths, but it averages around 7 deaths.
If you want me to frap it i can?