Not sure if this is just mouse smoothing carrying over to my steering for some reason, but when driving (the quadbike), there is a large delay (around 7/8ths of a second) from when you press whatever key turns you on your keyboard, to the game getting the input.
- Legacy ID
- Unable To Duplicate
Driving reproduces it.
Playing in fullscreen, attempting to move with the mouse does the same thing, I also appear to have mouse acceleration (despite turning it off (this is something to do with my computer)). So that might be what's causing it.
I have driven the ATV for a little bit, I know what you are saying with the tad bit delay you feel when turning using a keyboard. It is a kind of annoying, but im sure you would get used to it after awhile.
the reason is that the game implements the time it takes the tire to actually turn
not like in other games where it is instant. i like it how it is as if feels both realistic and natural.
In fact, there are for me 4 problems and 2 possible solutions.
- problem 1 : mouse sensitivity is too low when turning
- problem 2 : Wheels take 23 weeks to come back straight. At first, I thouhg that it was a direct steering system, I mean, wheels are exactly where you put them with the mouse. The combination with slow turn rate and the direct steering feeling make vehicles undrivable by mouse.
-problem 3 : There is no deadzone for vertically camera moves. So, each time you move your mouse to steer left or right, you allways move you mouse a little up or down. This make the camera to allways move up and down. It's just horrific.
- problem 4 : No option for mouse sensitivity in vehicles
- solution 1 : Add new mouse and camera options for vehicles.
- solution 2 : get back to a driving system more like arma2
Unable to reproduce in the latest dev build. Closing, since this ticket is very old and has not recieved any attention in a long time.
If this issue is still reproducable for you, please create ticket requesting this one to be re-opened.