When hosting a non-dedicated server, Arma 3 will crash at the mission selection screen if any mission in your mpmissions/ folder has an #include statement with a path that can't be resolved in the description.ext file.
- Operating System
- Windows 10
- Create a new multiplayer mission and save it
- Make a new description.ext in that mission's folder in mpmissions/
- Add the line: #include "\notamod\notapath\totalnonsense.inc"
- Go back to the main Arma 3 menu
- Host a new server and get to the mission selection screen
- Arma 3 will crash
A number of special gameplay mods for Arma 3 (in particular, the popular mod "Arma Commander") feature missions that require as standard practice an #include statement in the description.ext that pulls in various common defines from the mod. When you deactivate the mod, you also have to purge all of the missions from your mpmissions/ folder, or else Arma 3 will crash.
Arguably Arma 3 should handle this case a little more gracefully?