Noticed quite some reports about this issue, and it seems to become a bigger issue as time goes.
I probably dont need to explain this as most of you are already aware of what this problem is, so I'll get right to the point.
- Server Hopping
Disable players from disconnecting from locations like Cities, Towns, Compounds, Airfields, etc.
(By putting triggers around cities and towns you could disable players from logging out if they are within their proximities)
- Players will no longer be able to endlessly get the best gear from one location.
- Players cant run through a city to the best loot building, switch server and lose everything chasing him (Players, Zombies)
- You will not be shot by people popping up infront of you with M4s
- Players in a hurry will have to walk to a place where they can log out, before being able to do so.
- I can imagine it being frustrating to not be able to logout in places like towns, etc.
- Players will probably still be able to loot the airfield, walk outside and switch server. But the progress will be hindered alot.
- Combat Logging
Solution is very simple for this one.
Disable disconnecting when:
- Shots are fired within X range
- Any kind of injuries/damage is done
- Players/Zombies within very close range. (0-50 meter)
Combine this with previous mentioned method on Server Hopping and you will fix a very great deal with Hopping & Logging