When walking up a hill steep enough to force the player to walk, freelook is restricted so the player cant look higher than a set angle.
- Legacy ID
- Go into the editor and spawn an infantry unit on Stratis at coordinates 063046
- Face Azimuth 317 and move forward while raising your view as high as you can
- Notice how the steep parts of the hill (steep enough to force you to a walk) force your free look to be lowered
- Stop walking. Notice you once again have unrestricted free-look
- Begin walking again on Azimuth 317. Notice you are unable to raise your view above a set angle
This is very similar to previous free-look bugs when carrying a launcher. Mouse control should never, ever be taken away from the player.
I can confirm that issue too.
As long as you don't move your character, you can aim normally.
But if you walk forward, you are restricted to a much lower angle.
From my point of view, that doesn't feel right.