PiP is very useful feature in ArmA. It finally allows you to use side mirrors in vehicles. Unfortunately, there is a serious bug that negates the positive effect of this feature. When you get inside a vehicle that has side mirrors on both sides (i.e. Zamak or Ifrit), you will notice, that both of the mirrors reflect picture only on the left side of the vehicle, in other words, both of them show only the picture that should be shown only on left one. In case there are more than 2 side mirrors, the bug is always on one on the right side, or both on right side are bugged. Bug persist both in Single and Multiplayer.
*EDIT* Ok, I ran bigger test with all the vehicles in A3, and its shocking - most of them have half or non-working side mirrors !!!
Here i will list all the vehicles that have some kind of problem
- All Hunter variants (+ poor quality PiP)
- All HEMMT variants
- All Ifrit variants (+ poor quality PiP- make it better)
- Tempest - normal variant, transport open, repair, ammo (for some reason covered transport and medical are fine)
- All Strider variants (check link)
CIV and FIA:
- All Truck variants (check link)
*Also, Zamak ammo and repair variants have non-working PiP (check link), other ones have bugged upper right side mirror.
*LINK WITH EXTENDED TEST*