I enjoy warfare. In arma 2, when you send tanks to town depot across map, they usually made it there. However, In Arma 3, they seems to stuck way too often. In fact, commanding tanks in arma 3 consists mainly of micromanaging them through "difficult" terrain (open fields with stone walls everywhere).
Another thing is how you give commands to AI driver when you sit on gunner/commander seat in tank. When you click on map driver will head there, which is of course fine. However if you want to stop and hit arrow down, he will stop, but he will not continue when you say forward again > instead he will go straight forward. You have to give him map coordinates again.
For some reason, tank drivers has problem with going backwards. For example, when you sit on gunners seat and tell your driver to move forward he will gladly move. If you see target and want to stop he will stop. If you, however, need to go little backwards, there comes problems. You hit arrow down, your driver will start going forward extremely slowly and then, if you are lucky, go backwards even more slowly. Most times he wotn thought. When you get angry and get to drivers seat to backup yourself and get back to gunners, he will move forward again even if you tell him to stop. Caused me to rage quit today.
So, there are these issues:
- Tanks doesnt keep on roads. I would like them to keep on roads when set on Careless, Safe, or Aware (like irl - conserve fuel).
Combat > go through field.
- Terrible pathfinding and lack of crushing power of tanks combined. How does those tittle stone walls stop beast like T-100? Im aware there are certain engine limitations but still, this could use some work.
- Click on map, stop and go again for tank driver. It would save map click to continue towards you objective.
- I know some might disagree, but when you tell your driver to go forward, in most times it doesnt mean you want him to crush into something, but follow some street for example or avoid obstacles. They shouldnt ignore obstacles imho.
- Pls, teach drivers to go backwards :)
I hope its clear what i wanted to report.
Please forgive as English is not my first language.
See you on battlefield!