It looks like that the recent change to config-defined scroll speeds instead of hardcoded scroll speeds has made the default scroll speed for lists painfully slow, it affects the controls menu and all editor dropdowns and lists.
- Legacy ID
- Menu UI
- From the main menu open Configure > Controls
- Scroll the control list with the mousewheel, notice that the scroll speed is very slow
- Go back to the Configure menu
- Open Profile then edit a profile
- Open the "Face" dropdown and use the mousewheel to scroll through the faces, notice that the scroll speed is very slow
Having a reasonable scroll speed for mousewheel scroll in the menus is very important for long lists as the scroll knob can get very small and useless.
Currently a single full scroll swipe of the mousewheel barely scrolls over a single menu item.
Tested with Logitech MX518 and Logitech G400.
This has been made better for the lists like the controls list (1 notch scrolls 2 lines), but the dropdown lists are still scrolling very slowly.
I'd agree with sms' suggestion to use the OS mouse preference if possible.
I just wanted to let you know asap:)
Thanks, the built number you gave and yesterday's build number were just off by one digit, I thought it was a typo!
I can confirm that the ComboBox scrolling is better now and I consider it resolved for the purposes of this ticket. It scrolls 1 line per mousewheel "tick".
While it would be nice to sync it with the Windows "lines per scroll" as sms says, it is no longer frustrating as it used to be.