When I have the GPS display up (ctrl+M), if I bring a scope up, it disappears and doesn't reappear after done using the scope. I realise the GPS display should disappear when using the scope but it should reappear when I am done using the scope and I shouldn't have to be constantly using Ctrl+M to bring it back up.
- Legacy ID
- Ingame UI
- Equip GPS and scoped weapon
- Press Ctrl+M to bring up GPS display in bottom right corner
- Right click to bring up scope
- GPS display in bottom right corner disappears (as it should)
- Right click again to stop using scope
- GPS display does not reappear - have to push Ctrl+M to bring it back up after using scope
The GPS isn't only a navigation device. It has other useful properties such as it gives you immediate directional bearing. This is useful in all situations, in a firefight maybe I would like to call out the direction/bearing immediately to my squad members instead of bringing up the compass (it occupying the center portion of my screen) and depending on whether or not I'm turning/moving waiting for it to orient itself.
Additionally when on foot with the GPS out grid squares are 100m, you could call you to your squad mates moving north through grid xxxxxxxx.