TL;DR: Map to image export, no moddable solution, likely easy to implement (already in A2), major benefits: Tactical Map-Images for custom maps, Posters, Google Maps-style Online Viewer.
Why to vote up?
- Easy to implement, could have major impact on online services, already implemented in A2
- Ever planned an operation on printed maps before? Yes, exactly!
- As in ArmA2, there should be a way of exporting the complete map as an image (The Map View, not Satellite View).
- Already exists in ArmA2, the 'TOPOGRAPHY' cheat can do exactly this, but the gridsystem is wrong (which is really bad).
- BI ships digital Print-Maps: Functionality is very likely to be already in the game.
If BI ships digital maps, they will not implement this!
- This is not supposed to be against BI, it's about tactical maps for custom maps.
Why a Patch?
- There is NO way to create a mod or any feasible solution for this
Benefits, possible use:
- Online Map Viewers (Google Maps Style)
- Online Tactical Maps to draw in
- Posters / Prints of a custom map.
- Much better tactical planing