ARMA is for sure a very good military simulation that is able to produce a very realistic feeling on the virtual battlefield. Especially in multiplayer mode.
But since ARMA3 plays some years in the future I wonder a little bit which military innovations will be in use in 2035. And I kind of miss them in what I have seen so far in ARMA3 Alpha version. So, I will give it a try and list some items I would surely excpect in use in 2035. Is that something that is 'in plan' for a final release of ARMA3?
- 3D Battlefield Map (I mean we have that already with google - why is there no advanced 3D release available to infantry soldiers in 2035?)
- Battlefield glasses or mini-Infantry-HUD that augments the view with tactical information - for example instantly shares position of spotted enemies. Or shows a top-down view of the battlefield.
- Mini recon helicopter drones that can be used by the squad leader to automatically spot enemy movements with several optical sight modes (heatmap/NV/etc.). Like the recon drones we had in ARMA2 - but smaller.
- Automated sentry guns that can be deployed by Infantry and that are able to open fire on any enemy movement encountered.
- Use of HUD and 3D GPS maps in every military vehicle.
- Drive vehicles by camera only and closed hatches in battle.
- Advanced aiming technology for small arms in synch with HUD
- Laser target designator equipment for every soldier, every soldier can share waypoints, recon reports, etc. on battle map.