Recently I have upgraded my GPU from a GTX 1080ti to an RX 6800 XT, which is a significantly newer and faster GPU. In Dayz, however, I am seeing significantly worse and less stable performance when using the same settings. This behavior has only been seen in Dayz so far for me, and this seems like a common problem when searching online.
I was testing following the same path and using the same game graphics settings.
Here are my system specs:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
- RAM: 2x8GB (16GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz CL16
- Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
- OS Drive: Samsung 980 1TB NVME M.2 SSD
- Drive where Dayz is installed: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB 2.5" SSD
- Old GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black
- New GPU: AsRock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC
- Monitor: Alienware AW3423DW 3440x1440 @ 175Hz
Following my test path and recording FPS using the MSI Afterburner Benchmark tool, here is the benchmark info:
|Statistic||GTX 1080 TI (fps)||RX 6800 XT (fps)|
|1% Low FPS||120.4||41.9|
|0.1% Low FPS||20.9||4.6|