Player is forced have the left/right binds bound for //**track or wheeled only one at a time**// (not as in picture supplied for exemplary purposes).
If player uses analog/granular controls (fe joysticks) the player is foreced to REBIND his keybinds when switching vehicle assets during any OP/campaign/game activity.
While the thus necessary rebind only takes a few seconds and a player can get used to it, this is highly unusual, also a little bit of nuisance being preventive/discouraging of ground vehicle category swapsof the kind which are a standard function of the game product.
If both controls in the current workaround (so that analog controls work both for tracked and wheeled vehicles AT THE SAME TIME) are bound (as done in the snipped picture for visual purposes only), vehicles cannot be used (due to behaviour and input bugs as described). So player is in a either/or situation having to constantly rebind keybinds during gameplay when changing fe from a car to a bulldozer or from a wheeled APC to a tracked tank.
Noticed as described for any non-MKB peripheral but noticed longterm (1 year +) with the following peripherals connected:
- Saitek/Logitech x52 HOTAS (silver version, not black "pro") in dual setup (2x HOTAS) both on USB, both never changing USB port, both always connected before OS start (drivers updated to Logitech version)
- PS/2 Keyboard HP
- Logitech G502 Mouse (with drivers updated up to 88.2.17)
alternate peripherals connected in EXCHANGE where bug also occurred but not tested longterm (only for about 10 session in duration 2 month)
- Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard USB (drivers updated)
The controls for the vehicle category IN GENERAL are MISSING cohesive bindings for analog inputs (apart from the fact that not all vehicle categories react to the bindings present - different bug).
This results in the following keybind scenario:
- car left right present in (analog) - could alternatively be one axis bind
- no (analog) bind for car forward / car back or alternatively an (anlog) axis bind
- "car" string misleading as bind now applies to various categories and typed of vehicles - most of which are not cars in character
IF the player tries to unify keybinds for tracked and vehicles an attempt of a workaround using the seemingly intended bindings this will result in the following problems:
- yes you can turn a tank via using the analog input just on car left/right
- yes you can also use it for a wheeled apc
- NO that is not granular control-- you just have the progressive input as soon as there is an input on the axis.. aka it does not matter how u move the joystick, the tank turns progressively like with the a/d command
- NO you do not have full tank traverse / wheel steering input - if you look at the yoke fe in the vanilla wheeled APC the yoke does not fully turn.. because you have no analog input into the "car more left/more right" command - which is bad if you try to maneuver in tight spots
- NEVER ALSO assign the granular input (the js axis) to the "car more left/more right" command - it will lead to jitter or random "stuck" or "no inputs" when steering a vehicle.
IF the player is using keybinds in the currently viable workaround (fe shown in snipped below) he will also notice the following issues:
- tracked vehicle will have slower MAX traverse in standstill / neutral steering with analog input than with using keyboard A/D boolean input
- tracked vehicle will have no precision control left/right in forward movement (fe following a road, navigating terrain) with analog inputs or A/D boolean keyboard inputs and making only sudden, leaping turns. For following a road player has to switch to mouse input default bind ("car more left", "car more right")
- tracked vehicle control turn granularity in forward motion can not be achieved in any combination when trying to use the intended binds "car left (analog)" & "car right (analog)" or assign analog controls additionally or exclusively to "car more left" & "car more right"
EDIT - additional bug behaviour as noticed in May 2020:
any tracked vehicles suddenly stopped taking any input from the analog bind, while ONLY working off the car boolean bind ("car left" & "car right" as described in descriptiona nd shown in snipped) with analog granularity but the different asset behavior reactive turn threshold (aka less turning, less turning speed)
From this point out UNIFIED analog binding for the two vehicle categories had become impossible as a constant bindswitch was the ONLY option avaialable to the player.
This achieved an analog neutral steer traverse turn on the spot for tracked vehicles but only by conincidence as as a happy mistake. "a neutral steer traverse on the spot" prior was not possible without forward input for a tracked vehicle