relevant for PERFORMANCE PROFILING BUILD (form does offer a OS Version field but not a build description field or pulldown)
when binding keybinds via:
- main client launch screen via Options/Controls
- in VR Arsenal via Esc/Controls
- in any MP or SP server or loaded ingame environment via Esc/Controls
and the keyinds entered are NOT MKB standard keys (any peripheral and especially analog peripherals) player will encounter random events.
These events include but are not limited to:
- keybind snot saved after pressing "OK"
- keybinds saved but not present in binding list after pressing "OK"
- keyinds duplicated in binding list after pressing "ok", having left and repopening controls in any of the above scenarios and in combination with the above mentioned event-options
- keybinds as mentioned in line above only active for one of the two entries when checking via input but orphaned entity causing further issues
- keybinds randomly missing or duplicating after next boot of client (in OS session or after system restart, both occuring)
DISCLAIMER!!! : true duplicate and/or orphanded binds of the SAME peripherals, NOT non-identifiable peripheral string when two identical peripherals are connected (fe dualstick) and ARMA does not assign #<<id>> numbers
INGAME resulting in the following downflows:
- bindings not working
- bindings working but arbitarily
- bindings working noticing input from both with the unused/orphaned decrepit copyblocking the active input, resulting in no input
Noticed as described for any non-MKB peripheral but noticed longterm (1 year +) with the following peripherals connected:
- Saitek/Logitech x52 HOTAS (silver version, not black "pro") in dual setup (2x HOTAS) both on USB, both never changing USB port, both always connected before OS start (drivers updated to Logitech version)
- PS/2 Keyboard HP
- Logitech G502 Mouse (with drivers updated up to 88.2.17)
alternate peripherals connected in EXCHANGE where bug also occurred but not tested longterm (only for about 10 session in duration 2 month)
- Microsoft Sidewinder x4 Keyboard USB (drivers updated)