I have been having this issue were every time Oppfor and Blufor forces clash on a particular 3DEN scenario the game always crashes. It's never when Oppfor gets shot, rather when they engage in combat with another side. I have no idea what has been causing this and I'm just hoping for answer on why the game keeps crashing, whether that be a mod, hardware issues, anything that can be easily fixed. I have noticed this with other mods sets at least so far and I've verified the integrity of the game files several times with no luck. I've even ran some of the recommended system scan and fix things recommended for a status access violation.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Operating System Version
- Load Arma 3 with my selected mod set, enter the 3DEN editor, and load my scenario "ANTFA_Den_3" (for some context it's a scenario containing a street taken over by political extremists)
- Start the scenario in single player and then enter Zues (note that this is Zues with the Achilles mod)
- Pause the game restart the scenario
- Enter Zues again and spawn Blufor units with a move marker towards the existing Oppfor units. (Every time I've done this step it's usually been with RHS US army units or 3CB NAPA units at Northwestern mouth of the street)
- Watch the units engage one another. At this point the game will usually decide to crash.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Just had another access violation with a different mod list. This one also includes Global Mobilization so there might be an issue there.
This one is much easier to recreate.
- Load up Arma 3 with the mod list.
- Go into 3DEN editor
- Place an APC, Tank or Ural truck from the Nogovan Republic into the game.
- Status Access Violation
I have absolutely no idea why this is happening and I could really use some help.
Thank you for your time.
random memory corruption
Maybe not so random afterall.
But this crash doesn't make sense, code wise.
It should absolutely not be possible to crash at that point.
"Load up Arma 3 with the mod list."
Your modlist is HUGE, I cannot load all these mods.
Can you reproduce it with just GM and that mod that gives you the Nogovan Republic tank thats crashing you?
Ok, so I think I figured it out and I'm probably the biggest dumbass on planet Earth for not thinking of this earlier but I think it may been connected to some outdated drivers and Lenovo software. Recently I've been trying to figure out how to update some of the stuff on my computer and once I got it all updated I've been no longer having the issue. Since then I've tried reproducing the bug with just GM and the Nogovan Republic tank as you requested and everything seems to be working fine. What I can guess happened is that the outdated Lenovo software was causing random memory corruption whenever particular actions in Arma 3 wouldn't get along with the Lenovo software and crash the game. For some things it was more than others, like vehicles in GM that could customize the logo they had on the side would seemingly crash the game as well. Everything should be fine now but if there is anything that can be taken from this is that outdated Lenovo software doesn't like Arma 3 that much. Thank you for your time! I hope this helps provide some good information for any future issues similar to this one!