I have been playing DayZ a lot during the past months and a problem came from nowhere 9/7-19. The small blue circle that indicates "loading" appears beside my cursor when I start the game. Then DayZ shows up in my windows activity field and my entire cursor turns into a blue loading circle. I am not able to click anywhere in this state, I am not even able to open up the activityhandler to force shut down DayZ. It just freezes and after about 30-50 seconds all programs that is running on my computer crashes and the computer reboots itself.
I tried the following:
I checked through CMD if any system files were damaged. And it turned out that some were damaged and they got repaired. Still no change.
I validated game cache. Still no change.
I reverted the version of the game back to beta and the same issue occured when launching the beta.
I reinstalled the game twice.
I reinstalled Windows 3 times in different ways.
Nothing above seems to work out.
SOLUTION!!!!! Found out a solution myself.
- You need someone else, for instance a friend.
- Let your friend log onto your steam account.
- Let your friend start DayZ.
- Let your friend close DayZ and log off from steam again.
- You log back into your own account and you should be able to launch it and play again!
Hope it works for you to. Very weird fix though.....