Hello for some reason I my game has started to close on its own and give me the fallowing exit code 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION on any server I join even if it is a privation server hosted by a friend. I have done all steps provided to me through the Community Wiki and even gone as far as to un-install and re-install Arma 3. Once re-installed the game worked for about 4 mins before crashing again with the same error as before.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Operating System Version
- OS version 1809 / OS Build 17763.292
- Game Crash
- Load gave via steam.
- Select server (example: Codefourgaming)
- Load into server.
- Game either crashes at soon as I get into the game and out of the loading screen or a few moments after that.
List of methods used to attempt to solve issue:
- Try joining another server, then rejoin the previous one. ✔
- Update the graphics card drivers to a newer version. ✔
- Rollback the graphics card drivers to an older version. ✔
- Check the temperature of your GPUs and CPUs. ✔
- Verify the integrity of the game cache using Steam. ✔
- Ran repair software for DirectX. ✔
- Uninstall the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable package (both x86 and x64 version), restart your computer and install the package again (do not use the Repair function). ✔
- Run a Windows System File Check tool to repair corrupted system files. ✔ (Both DISM and sfc both reported 100% file integrity)
Thank you for the report. From the dumps I see thgat there seems to be an issue with xaudio2_7.pdb Are you using a headset?
"Ran repair software for DirectX." - repair is not the same as reinstalling DirectX sometimes repair does not fix potential issue.
Before you try doing anything with DirectX try unplugging the headset to see if that doesn't fix the issue. If that doesn't help then try the
The DirectX Web installer.
@LukeGod. the 0xC0000005 - ACCESS_VIOLATION error is a very generic error that can be triggered by different issues. Meaning not every trigger of the error is the same issue. I advise you to create your own ticket and upload your Arma crash report there.