As of this afternoon, I am now unable to launch DayZ and even get to the title screen.
Around noon, I launched the game without issue, and played for about two hours, at which point I exited.
Now, upon launching the game, and waiting at the loading splash screen with the DayZ logo for about ten seconds, I receive the error "bad_module_info has stopped working".
In an attempt to rectify the issue, I performed the following troubleshooting steps individually:
- Disabled fullscreen optimizations in each of the .exe files
- Verified integrity of game cache via steam
- restarted steam
- restarted computer
- deleted DayZ folder in documents
- completely reinstalled the game
- updated windows
- updated GPU drivers
- re-installed steam
None of the above steps were successful in resolving the error.
- AMD R9 Fury X
- intel i7 4770K
- 16 GB corsair dominator platinum RAM