After Starting the game und searching in the server browser, the frames drop to 10 fps and go back up after the search is completed
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Menu UI
set query to search for servers
while searching frames are dropping to about 10fps
after the search is complete the frames go up again
can be repeated multiple times without restart
Yep, same is happening to me. Only when I select "friends playing" it isn't that bad, but mostly I have 5 FPS while browsing servers.
PC: Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit, i5 6600, GTX 960 4GB, 8GB RAM, Installed on SAMSUNG SSD. Video settings on low.
Hello Havrin and thank you for the report.
Can you try the following and let us know if it has any effect on the issue?
- Go to the steam directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
- Go to the userdata folder
- There are folders (or one folder) with numbers in their name
- These folders should contain folder named "7"
- Open the 7 folder and in it find a folder called "remote"
- Open the remote folder and delete serverbrowser_hist.vdf
- Do this for all the "7" folders (only applies if you have more than one number folder (step 3)
Also, this is a temporary workaround and we are working on improving the saving of server history so it does not affect the performance of the game in the server browser.
damn, this does not happen anymore and I don't know when it was fixed. I think, it was after I switched from the EXP to the Stable client. Now I switched back to EXP, to test the updates from today, and everything is working fine as well. But I will bookmark this ticket, so if it happens again, I will try your workaround.
EDIT: Just restarted steam and got the problem again.
I got one folder with a "7" and deleted as you wrote it, it works! Serverbrowser is now smooth again.