Game crashes when clicking "PLAY" On launch, happens both with and without mods: Appication error reads as follows; "The exception unknown software exception (0x0000dead) occured in the application at location 0x76854878."
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Error Message
@Rhythian, try the below possible solutions one-by-one:
- Try restarting your computer and then verifying the integrity of the game cache for Arma 3.
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
- If you are using custom launch parameters then try resetting them to their default state via the Arma 3 Launcher. Also check under Steam → Arma 3 → Properties → General → Set Launch Options...
- Try all of the possible solutions listed on the Arma 3 Unusual process exit article on the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki.
Once you have tried the above possible solutions then use the Arma 3 Launcher to prepare a troubleshooting report and launcher logs, and then upload the files to the feedback tracker for the developers to review.
For issue with the launcher, you can export all launcher logs to the desktop via an action available in the option menu in the upper right corner (gear icon)
For issues regarding Arma 3 you can file a troubleshooting report, also via an action available in the option menu in the upper right corner (gear icon)
If the report files will not upload directly to the feedback tracker then try uploading to a free file sharing service such as Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, Mega.nz, and so forth, and then link to the report files.