I've been playing the current stable patch over 60 hours in the last two weeks. The servers I played on are:
- www.grumpy-pc-gamers.com | 12h | 9am to 6pm | Admins | Event (Address: 22.214.171.124 Port: 2702)
- [UKA] UK Alliance - Hardcore | This is Hardcore. Are You? (Address: 126.96.36.199 Port: 2400)
- Oldschool DayZ Hardcore | www.oldschooldayz.net (Address: 188.8.131.52 Port: 2802)
My friends and I are experienced A LOT of bad server performance on those servers lately. Indications were:
- long server reaction times (eating etc)
- Infected moving mainly in slow motion
- heavy firefight-desync (sometimes up to 3 secs)
- difficulties leaving buildings through doors (just assuming that its desync/performance related)
- game seems overall laggy
It got so worse, it almost became unplayable for us, so we decided to try out a high-pop-public server:
- Fjord Gaming | High Military Action | Daytime | Active admins! (184.108.40.206 Port: 2302)
To our surprise this server had a much better performance. It felt like playing on experimental servers. Indications were:
- Infected seem to run at desired speed and are better to handle
- server responding quickly in inventory
- people dropping "instantly"
-game seems to run overall less laggy
I assume the bad server performance on private servers is caused by player camps. (I guess people on public servers tend to build bases on low-pop servers).
I am sure you guys are aware of the server performance and constantly working on it. But I guess its worth a post, since I assume you guys (Devs) mainly investigate server performance on experimental servers and those servers dont tend to have a high amount of big player bases, like the popular private servers.
I also made a post on reddit, were people experience the same problem: