Game crashing due to a "Out of memory" error. Actively checking memory status before, during, and after the crash and RAM is showing good.
- Operating System
- Windows 10 x64
- Operating System Version
- Game Crash
Due to random reproduction, this will typically happen during play of games modes such as king of the hill or wasteland after 30 minutes. Game will show no signs of slowing or any indication of a crash, until the crash has already happened without warning.
@wENNER_WINNER, does this crash occur when playing single player or other multiplayer games?
Try the below possible solutions one-by-one:
Try restarting your computer and then verifying the integrity of the game cache for Arma 3.
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Try all of the possible solutions listed on the Arma 3 Unusual process exit article on the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki.
• profiling branch (special performance + profiling build - requires access code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3), alternative download of needed binary possible from Dwarden's dropbox
If the issue persists after trying all of the above possible solutions then use the Arma 3 Launcher to prepare a new troubleshooting report and then upload the report to the feedback tracker for the developers to review.
your problem might be caused by a few issues. DX11 means some problem in your GPU.
- wrong updated GPU drivers
- low space in your video memory
- custom graphic settings (high graphic game quality vs. your GPU)
- discrepancies in the newest release GPU drivers
So, there is some solutions.
- try to decrease your graphic quality (if you're using ultra set high or medium). It´s possible that your have no more space on your GPU.
- reinstall your GPU drivers
- disable this parameters -cpuCount=4 -enableHT
I hope it will help you.
Let me know.
Thank you for the replies. Im not sure if this error occurs during single player, im doubtful it does I just cant rule it out. I make sure to verify the cache every once in awhile to prevent any errors, Ill make sure to do it again.
You mentioned "Try using -enableHT without using -cpuCount=."
Im not too sure what is meant by this as I feel that I am reading conflicting messages between Jawsh and Alwin. Sounds like Alwin wants me to remove these lines (which I dont have added to my knowledge) and Jawsh wants me to add them. I know where to go by clicking the game in my Steam library and going to properties, "Set launch options" and add the lines, but I also feel conflicted with the way your describing on adding the lines (as well as the link's description).
Am I to add both "-enableHT" and "-cpuCount=" or just one (as neither are currently added to launch options).
Again, thank you for the replies and dont hesitate to ask for more info if needed.
Happy new years to you all :D
Hello again, @wENNER_WINNER.
Try following what @Alwin wrote.
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -skipIntro -noSplash -name=Brandon -cpuCount=4 -enableHT -mod=
The description for -enableHT on the Arma 3 Startup Parameters article says:
Note that enabling this parameter may slightly improve or harm the performance depending on a scenario. This parameter may be overriden by -cpuCount so if you want to use the maximum number of CPU cores use "-enableHT" without "-cpuCount".
In other words, use the -enableHT parameter without also using -cpuCount, or use -cpuCount but do not use -enableHT with it. One or the other.
For the purpose of troubleshooting use neither, as Alwin said.
If those parameter were not added under launch options in Steam then check if they were added via the Arma 3 Launcher. They must have been added somewhere as the game is launching with those options.
I hope this clears that up.
Thank you for clearing things up. I have made the changes and played around with the game. I got to testing both same and different situations in multiplayer (dont do much single player tbh). I managed to survive longer from receiving errors, but I still have encountered them. I've uploaded a new package.