- Operating System
- Windows 7
@Carried, I cannot see any arma3.rpt files in that report file that you have attached. If you go to the below directory are there any arma3.rpt, arma3.bidmp, or arma3.mdmp files? If yes then please archive (zip) and attach them.
WINDOWS VISTA / 7 / 8: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3
Try the below possible solutions one-by-one:
Try restarting your computer and then verifying the integrity of the game cache for Arma 3.
- Restart your computer and launch Steam
- From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
Try all of the possible solutions listed on the Arma 3 Unusual process exit article on the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki.
Try switching to and playing on the profiling or development game branch. After downloading new data verify the integrity of the game cache. Note that the development branch may contain large and frequent updates, and you will only be able to play online multiplayer on a limited number of test servers.
• profiling branch (special performance + profiling build - requires access code: CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3), alternative download of needed binary possible from Dwarden's dropbox
If the issue persists after trying all of the above possible solutions then use the Arma 3 Launcher to prepare a new troubleshooting report and then upload the report to the feedback tracker for the developers to review.
There is no arma3.rpt files because the game didn't start at all so it didn;t even create that folder in %appdata%
I've reinstalled the game / DirectX and all the programs that are needed to play but noone of that have worked
I'm gonna try the profiling game branch for now I'll let u know later if that helps.
Profiling is not working too :/
this error, also known as Steam error 81, is often caused by 3rd party software that blocks Steam / game communication and prevents Steam from starting the game at all. In the past we've noticed that this was caused by Comodo Antivirus, Norton AV or Spacedesk (multi-monitor utility). Try to end all running software and start the game again.