Hey. While I was trying to figure out how to get my Arma 3 running the best it could, I went ahead and changed my SceneComplexity to 0 in "Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\YourProfile\YourProfile.Arma3Profile". After doing this, trees, buildings and other objects started loading in with a chunk-ish manner (You wouldn't see a forest if you were a hundred meters away, but once you went inside the forest every tree would suddenly render). Immediately after realizing this I went ahead and spawned a few hundred meter line of hunters, NPCs and finally myself in at one end. I was able to see every hunter and player except the ones between 200 and 400 meters away, so I was able to see every vehicle/NPC that was between the range of 0-200,400-MyObjectViewDistance (Check comments for pic). After this I went ahead and joined a server that I've lately been playing on and to no surprise I could see multiple players in town... But there was nothing obstructing my view, I was only able to see objects within 50m of me, vehicles and players within the ranges mentioned earlier and obviously the landscape. I then went to the editor to experiment a bit more. I was not able to shoot through things I didn't see, so they obviously still had collision (Wanted to try this out because I know in Arma2 if you removed your tree files you could actually shoot through them). After that I came here and figured out how to report this awful cheaty bug.
- Operating System
- Windows 7
- Open your Arma3Profile at "Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\YourProfile\YourProfile.Arma3Profile"
- Go to the very bottom and change the line
- sceneComplexity=NumbersHere; to
- Save the file and start up your Arma 3.
- Go into editor and experiment.
I was using the Arma 3 Profiling branch during the time I found this bug, if you aren't able to reproduce it, try changing to the Profiling Branch.
Info from launcher:
Launcher version: 1.5.137506
Game version: 1.62.138239
Info about bug, some already mentioned in description.
- Objects such as trees, buildings etc. are not rendered from far away. This does not mean characters and vehicles wouldnt render, in fact you can see them from thousands of meters away
- Said objects seem to render chunk-like, say you are headed into a forest, you wont see a single tree from 50m away, but when you go inside the forest every tree suddenly pops up.
- Able to spot characters and vehicles even though other objects dont render
- Works in multiplayer
- Gives a shitload of fps for me
- Characters / Vehicles do not render within 200 and 400 meters. They only render within 0-200, 400-YourObjectViewDistance
- To test above you can create a long line of vehicles and see the 200 meter gap with no vehicles. As you move towards it, the gap moves with you.
- This only works with approx. 0 SceneComplexity. Tested: -1, -1000, -10000, -100000, -0.1, 0.1, 0.99, 1, 1000
- If you recreate this bug, while in game if you go into "video options", change the object detail to whatever, but instead of accepting changes you CANCEL them, this will make the bug not work anymore, and you will have to restart your game (and possibly reset the scenecomplexity) in order to make the bug work again!
Mods used as the bug was found.. Not like it matters.
- Exile Mod
- Hollow's vehicle pack
- Hollow's weapon pack
Tested without mods, working exactly the same way.